Friday, January 29, 2010

J Crew's new rollout


Oh, J Crew. You've been good to me. (Really, really good. More on that later). But I'm underwhelmed with this Spring rollout, honestly. Everything's pretty, but there's very little that I feel like I need, with a few exceptions:




And you guys, this scarf? Is so much more beautiful IRL than it is in this picture, which is really blah. I saw this and immediately made the cutest fucking outfit in my mind to wear to my best friend's surprise b-day party in a few weeks. I will make it my precious.


And now, a major whatthefuck. This ruffly, zip-up vest? That they have categorized as beach and loungewear? I'm sorry, but number one this is fugly. And number two, even if I could see some cuteness in it ... WHY would I wear this to the freaking beach?? Like, how? Over a swimsuit? I can't even fathom it, so FAIL, J. Crew.


Oh, also, my location has a super-cute printed strapless dress that I couldn't find online. I'll have to try it on this weekend and post a picture, a la Gigi.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah. Poor J.Crew. I feel like recently there biggest specialty is mediocre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mediocre accessorized with a holyshitthatisEXPENSIVE. Spend more than $150 and get a free eating disorder!

    ...but damn if I don't love their swimwear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. But I'm happy the last thing i need is to spend a boat load at the crew AGAIN

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel I should admit that it pains me to hate on the Crew, especially since I did my undergrad at J.Crew U. Seriously... that is Miami University's nickname...

    ReplyDelete