Friday, January 29, 2010

I call a do-over on this week.

 I’m sick. Achy muscles, hot flashes and chills, watery eyes, stuffy/runny nose (sidebar: is there ANYTHING worse than this?? When your nose is stuffed up way in the back, but it’s still running like a faucet in front, but you can’t do a damn thing about it? And I haven’t quite built up the confidence to just plug the offending the nostril with a tissue so I can get some damn sleep like I used to do when I slept alone), headache … yuck.

Normally I welcome one illness per year because I get to stay home from work and my husband dotes on me ridiculously. HOWEVER, I’m about out of sick/vacation days for the year (they run April-April for me … lame) and I feel like I’ve already used up my marital sympathies for a while, what with the vag needle earlier this week. I got a card, flowers, and 2 pints of Ben and Jerry’s on Wednesday, so I feel bad pulling the sick card 2 days later. He’s gonna think I’m faking just to get some. (“Some” meaning food in bed and license to not get up and change a DVD all weekend, of course, not “some” like “some ass” because very little sounds worse right now.)

We’re staying in tonight for some quality house-time, which means wine, Scrabble, movies and Guitar Hero. And yeah, probably more ice cream. And I’ll probably make him tickle the backs of my legs (omg my favorite) without any promise of nookie in return. Ah, marriage …

2 comments:

  1. At least you get to do some recovering over the weekend, I feel like shit today too...mainly exhausted...and can't wait to catch up on sleep and terrible TV this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To quote my friend Deena: "OMG DVR HAS CHANGED MY LIFE."

    He said in sickness or in health! Suckerrrr!! And lucky you!

    ReplyDelete